Actualités : What to do on the Bay of Arcachon in rainy weather?
Although the Bassin d'Arcachon enjoys exemplary sunshine, you may encounter a rainy day during your holidays with us.
Don't worry, we have prepared a short list of ideas for you to spend quality time with your family in case of bad weather!
For a moment of relaxation, the Domaine du Ferret invites you to a moment of relaxation. Their balneo spa offers access from 16 years old and by reservation to its two heated pools, jacuzzi, sauna & hammam. You can also enjoy a body or facial treatment, for a completely relaxing holiday.
Are you more oriented towards the culture of the Bay of Arcachon? In the South Basin, 4 places are available to you:
- The Gujan Mestras Oyster House; to discover the history of oyster farming! The visit is carried out independently, lasting approximately 1 hour. After a tasting is essential! You will find tasting huts right next to the Maison de l'Huitre.
- For those with a sweet tooth, you can visit the artisanal chocolate factory Les Gourmandises d'Aliénor, in La Teste de Buch. Come and discover the well-kept secrets of chocolatiers...
- Always in the greediness, discover the secrets of the Esturgeonnière in Teich ! For an unusual and exceptional moment on the Bassin d'Arcachon, meet a local guide who will take you into the world of Perlita, to discover the secrets of caviar making!
- Bunker 502, a real remnant of the Second World War. Recently opened to the public, you will find an immersive scenography to discover this symbol of the history of Arcachon.
The youngest campers will also be able to enjoy activities on this rainy day:
- A cinema session in Andernos Les Bains, at the Dolce Vita cinema.
- A moment of fun and excitement for the whole family at Big'a Jump in Biganos.
- For future climbers, St Climbing in Andernos! A space designed to discover, learn and improve bouldering in a friendly atmosphere.
- A laser game in Andernos, where tactical sense and reflexes will be required to defeat the opposing team!
- For a moment of cohesion with the family, let yourself be tempted by an escape game! You will find the Bassin escape game in Biganos, from 8 years old.
- A bowling game at the Bowlingstar of Gujan Mestras.
For the bravest, you can also, armed with a good umbrella and a kaway, set off to discover Bordeaux for the day! Here you can find more than 1.2km of shops.
For an indoor visit, we recommend Les Bassins des Lumières, which offers high quality visual and sound experiences tailor-made and dedicated to the great artists of art history and contemporary creation. A wonderful moment in perspective!
For the most keen on oenology, La Cité du Vin is an essential not to be missed during your day in Bordeaux! This exceptional space invites you on a journey to the heart of the great history of wine.
While waiting for the return of the sun, you will find something to occupy your vacation days in the Bassin d'Arcachon!
Find more ideas right here